Saturday, July 19, 2008

Having an exercise buddy helps you stay on track

I don't know about you, but I do better when I have someone that I have to be accountable to. I have been looking for someone who wants to be a "size healthy" as Queen Latifah says and I finally found someone. His name is Richard and he just had by-pass surgery. Part of his rehabilitation is the need to exercise. He lives about 2 hours away so we email each other daily to report our exercise progress. Some days we have to report that, alas, we did not get in the desired workout/s. BUT, there are other days, like yesterday, when I heard from Richard that he walked 4 additional blocks because he knew he had to report to me. Being accountable to me was his incentive as is my committment to report to him is my incentive.

So, find someone who can either work out with you or who will be your email buddy. Someone that you can check in with on a daily basis. It really helps. Since I started this email program with Richard I have only missed one day of exercising. How cool is that??!!!

No comments: